*Newark Arts is not affiliated with these events (unless stated explicitly). For more info, please contact the venue directly.
Submit events using this form: SUBMIT EVENT
- This event has passed.
Funding Your Business: How to Access Financing for Your Business
May 30 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
There are plenty of misconceptions about finding money for your business. In this meetup, we’ll break down the basics of funding and provide you insights on how to take your next steps.
Our panel we’ll touch on topics like:
- What types of funding are available
- What you need to focus on to get funding
- Why are people not successful in getting the money they need
There will be plenty of Q&A time to get your specific questions answered. Submit your questions before the meetup by tweeting @makerhoods, DM’ing us on IG, or come prepared to ask the panelists your questions on funding.
Meet the Panel
- Panelist June Smith-Tomori is the Director of Operations & Strategic Partnership at GNEC (Greater Newark Enterprises Corporation). A natural born entrepreneur and former Executive Director of St. Paul’s Community Development Corporation in Paterson, NJ, June has known adversity and failure but has a relentless story and uses those experiences to springboard her out-of-the-box thinking. In her spare time, she works in event production and has worked a variety of celebrities in the film and music industry.
- Panelist Allison Strouse Williams is a seasoned leader with CEO and COO experience and a proven track record of driving expansive growth in startup technology companies. She currently is the Director of NVP Labs at Newark Venture Partners. She founded Yarly in 2012 and led the company to be acquired by its top competitor in mid-2015. Since then, Allison has been COO of a multi-national influencer brokerage software company as well as Head of Strategy for a leader in the live streaming video space. She now advises startups on a variety of areas from strategic planning to product/market fit to fundraising.
- Moderator Peter Hadar is the managing Owner & Creative Director of The Honors Program, a brand strategy multimedia company specializing in event programming and artist management. He is also the producer of the Guard d’Avant Progressive Music Festival.
For any questions about the arts calendar, please email email@example.com