Experience how the body is explored, adorned, and transformed at the Newark Museum’s Second Sunday. Activities are inspired by the newly reinstalled Arts of Global Africa gallery.
Unless otherwise noted, all Second Sundays programs are included with general museum admission.
• Explore body transformation – circus style – during a live performance and workshop presented by Universal African Dance and Drum Ensemble.
• Test your balance in a tightrope walking workshop led by Trenton Circus Squad and inspired by Yinka Shonibare’s Lady Walking a Tightrope.
• Wrap your body in your own custom designed African textile print in a workshop led by textile designer and printer, Angela Pilgrim.
• Adorn your head with a hair crown in a workshop led by artist Adebunmi Gbadebo.
Program also includes:
• Hands-on MakerSPACE Drop-Ins
• Family Gallery Workshops
• Gallery tours
• Planetarium shows, including Skywatchers of Africa (additional fee)
Second Sundays is a series for all ages and takes place each month from October through June. Programs are designed to showcase the Museum’s special exhibitions and permanent collections and enhance the gallery experience.
Second Sundays presented by: Horizon Foundation for New Jersey. Additional support from United.
If you would like your Facebook Page Events Feed included on our Calendar, please email email@example.com