*Newark Arts is not affiliated with these events (unless stated explicitly). For more info, please contact the venue directly.
Submit events using this form: SUBMIT EVENT
- This event has passed.
The Road to Funding: How to Access Financing for Your Business
May 30 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Getting the capital you need to start or grow your business is a top challenge most business owners face.
There are plenty of misconceptions about finding money for your business. In this meetup, we’ll break down the basics of funding and provide you insights on how to take your next steps.
Our panel we’ll touch on topics like:
- What types of funding are available
- What you need to focus on to get funding
- Why are people not successful in getting the money they need
There will be plenty of Q&A time to get your specific questions answered. Submit your questions before the meetup by tweeting @makerhoods, DM’ing us on IG, or come prepared with your own.
Meet the Panel
- Panelist Ali Gates is the CEO of Claim it! (ClaimItApp.com), a social mobile marketplace app that offers people a fun way to buy, sell and give away stuff. Since the development of Claim it! in 2014 Gates has led one of the fastest growing apps in its category. The story of Claim it! and Gates’s journey through adversity to business success has been covered by Business Insider, the New York Post, CNN Money, MSNBC, among many other media outlets. Prior to Claim it! Gates was a senior engineer at Google. He lives in Newark, N.J. Follow him on Twitter at @ali8abdullah.
- Panelist June Smith-Tomori is Director of Operations & Strategic Partnerships at GNEC (Greater Newark Enterprise Corporation).
- Moderator Peter Hadar is the managing Owner & Creative Director of The Honors Program, a brand strategy multimedia company specializing in event programming and artist management. He is also the producer of the Guard d’Avant Progressive Music Festival.
For any questions about the arts calendar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org