Open Doors Kids
Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood LIVE
Daniel and all of his friends are hopping aboard Trolley to delight live audiences.
NJPAC, 1 Center Street, Newark, NJ
Get 15% off tickets for the 5:30pm show using this special code: DT15
Newark Public Library: (10am-2pm Drop-in) – 5 Washington Street
- My Newark Story: Kids can create Newark themed bead art, button making and coloring station.
- Chalk on the Walk: Join artist Kenely Torres to create and decorate a temporary sidewalk mural
Newark Museum: (10am, 11am, 12pm – starts on the hour) – 49 Washington Streett
- Creative Play: Kids of all ages and their caregivers will explore and engage with the Latin American collection and then create their own inspired piece of art.
Paul Robeson Galleries: (10am-3pm Drop-in) – 54 Halsey Street, Express Newark Rm. 312
- Jazz coloring book: coloring book images of famous jazz musicians provided along with colored pencils and fine-tip markers
- You’re A Star: create and decorate a microphone out of recycled materials. Take a polaroid photo of yourself striking a pose with your creation at our photo station with props such as sunglasses and hats
Barnes & Noble: (10am-2pm Drop-in) – 42 Halsey Street
- Paint & Sip for kids: painting and bead crafts for little ones of all ages
Newark Print Shop: (11am-2pm Drop-in) – 54 Halsey Street, Express Newark, 2nd Floor
- Postcard Printing Workshop: Kids of all ages are welcome for stencil monoprinting on the etching press to create their own custom postcards.
GlassRoots: (11am-2pm Drop-in) – 10 Bleeker Street
- Sand Art: Kids of all ages are welcome to create their own sand art bottle pendant
Paul Robeson Galleries: Jazz for Kids: Caleb and Allison Rumley Quintet (12:30-2pm) – 54 Halsey Street, Express Newark, main gallery
- Join us for a free, fun, family-friendly concert right in the middle of the exhibition “Records at Play: Institute of Jazz Studies @50.” This exhibition and concert gives audiences of all ages the chance to learn about jazz, improvisation, and musical collaboration. Free and open to all.
WBGO Kids Jazz Concert: (1:30-3pm) – Newark Symphony Hall – 1020 Broad Street
- Eli Yamin will present Jazz Power – an interactive program for families with Zah! Jazz Youth and Antoinette Montague. Recommended for kids ages 7-11 with an adult.
FAMILY REFRESH ZONE @ Express Newark (10am-3pm) – 54 Halsey Street, Rm 312
Recommended for families with children of all ages, the Family Refresh Zone will be a laid-back area for weary art-goers to cool their heels. Featuring stroller parking area, phone charging station, refreshments, and art activity stations for kids and adults to enjoy. Additionally, the adjacent room 310 will be designated as a Nursing and Diaper Changing station. It will be outfitted with comfortable chairs, tables, and a phone charging station. A sink will be available.