Newark Teaching Artist Job Opportunities
Studio Institute is an organization with over 40 years of experience providing high-quality visual arts instruction in partnership with schools and communities in New York City, now expanding nationally.
Studio Institute is seeking to employ local Newark visual artists for paid part-time art instructor positions in Pre-K programs. Artists will receive paid, formal training in Studio’s methodology and collaborate with classroom teachers to lead art lessons at selected sites. The position includes: $30 hourly pay, paid professional training, continuous work between October and May, and 1-2 days of work during school hours. The application deadline is Thursday, August 15th. To apply, teaching artist can email their resume with mention of any special qualities, training or skills and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “New Jersey Artist Instructor”.
Requirements for Employment as an Artist Instructor:
· Active professional visual art practice with an exhibition history
· Foundational skills in painting, drawing, and/or sculpture
· Ability to collaborate and work with a range of diverse partners and stakeholders, including teachers, administrators, and parents
· Interest in and capacity for writing sequenced instructional plans
· Demonstrated ability to teach young children in a school or community setting preferred
410 West 59th Street
New York, NY 10019