stARTup 2021: Supporting Two Early Career Visual Artists
Category: Open Calls Deadline: 05/30/2021 Website: https://www.artsbythepeople.org/startup
This year we are opening submission to our stARTup project by supporting two Early Career Artists toward new work which will be exhibited at the College County of Morris Art Gallery.
- ARTS By The People defines an eligible Early Career Artist as someone who:
1. Has been an artist for 2-10 years.
2. Has a focused artistic “voice.”
3. Has yet to be substantially celebrated in their field, the media, funding circles, or the public at large.
4. Are vocational (rather than academic, amateur or educational).
5. Must not be a full-time student seeking a degree.
6. Must be a New Jersey resident.
We are accepting submissions from artists working in:
1. Visual Art
3. Written Word/Text Art
4. Video Art
Submissions will be judged by a group of panelists and two artists will be selected. The two selected artists will be part of a month-and-a-half long exhibit at the County College of Morris from January 6th, 2022 to February 24th, 2022. Each artist will receive a stipend of $1,000 to be used to create new art for the exhibit. If a selected artist wishes, some of their past works may be used, but a minimum of three new works that have never been displayed before must be included in the final exhibit. While the selected artists will create work irrespective of the other, they will be required to have a minimum of two Zoom chats to discuss their projects so they can be cognizant of the other’s work. This will help them create a creative ‘flow’ to the overall exhibit. In addition to having their work displayed, the two selected artists will also have the opportunity to participate in two one-hour zoom meetings, each one hosted by a world-renowned artist.
Submissions must include the following:
1. One-Page statement about your proposed art project
2. A 2-3 Paragraph Bio
3. Website link and/or samples of your work
Please send Submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 30th.
Contact: stART up