OPPORTUNITIES FOR ARTISTS AND CREATIVES
See and submit opportunities for for artists
Annual Fund Manager
Category: Job Openings Deadline: 09/30/2022 Website: https://www.njsymphony.org/about/careers/administrative-positions/annual-fund-manager
The New Jersey Symphony’s Development team is responsible for raising a total of $7M - $9M from individuals, foundations, corporations, government and special events to advance the mission the Symphony. This is an exciting time to join the development team as we are about to embark on a $100MM Campaign.
The Annual Fund Manager (AFM) is an essential front-line fundraiser who will have the exciting opportunity to expand our annual fund program, with a focus on Symphony Friends donors ($1 - $2,499). The AFM also works alongside the Philanthropy Officer, Senior Director of Individual Giving and VP of Development as an essential partner in building the pipeline of donors $2,500 and up. Your ability to prospect and find new supporters and upgrade exiting donors will make you superstar in this role! This is an exciting time to join the New Jersey Symphony as we are heading into our Centennial Season which will create wonderful learning opportunities for anyone in this role. You are fearless when it comes to fundraising, creative, driven and have a sense of humor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the strategy, planning and execution of the annual fund program. This includes direct mail marketing, digital solicitations, tele-fundraising.
- Identify between 25 – 50 new major and planned gift prospects annually.
- Create compelling solicitation and stewardship materials, including personalized correspondence, acknowledgements, direct mail appeals, and digital content.
- Work with all members of the individual giving team to generate and manage appropriate solicitation lists for various annual giving campaign mailings and other direct mail projects.
- In collaboration with the Senior Director and Philanthropy Officers, execute a detailed strategy and solicitation timeline for the New Jersey Symphony Friends program.
- Successfully and effectively solicit gifts from individuals in our Symphony Friends program through the management of a portfolio of donors from $1 to $2,499.
- Build strong personal relationships with your portfolio of donors through strategic phone calls, personalized email communications, formal presentations, and events.
- Design and supervise systems that support good stewardship and membership benefits to support donor retention and acquire new donors.
- Design, oversee, and orchestrate the donor welcome program for new Symphony Friends contributors.
- Collaborate with the Manager of Special Events on donor events—in person or virtual—as part of the cultivation and stewardship process.
- Manage dedicated communication lines (phone and email) for patrons.
- In collaboration with Gift Processing and Development Operations, maintain accurate donor records in donor database (Tessitura).
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and education:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Have 2+ years of experience working in a development office and able to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment where the ability to multi-task is essential.
- Have advanced MS Office skills.
- Experience working with a CRM database such as Tessitura, Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, etc.
A successful applicant will have the following traits:
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism.
- Is extremely poised and is comfortable addressing a variety of audiences, both internal and external, with a true entrepreneurial mindset and professional demeanor.
- Possess extraordinary attention to detail with the ability to think critically about tasks at hand.
- Demonstrates appreciation for working in an environment where sensitivity and confidentiality is required.
- Possess the ability to adjust quickly to constantly changing priorities and be responsive to feedback.
- Ability to learn Tessitura.
- Salary range is $55,000 - $65,000.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays; and provide own transportation to multiple NJ Symphony performance venues and donor meetings.
- Must provide have a car and valid New Jersey driver’s license.
Hours: Full time, Monday through Friday. Additional evenings and weekends may be required, specifically for working at concerts and events in multiple locations throughout northern and central New Jersey.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com – Email tile must be “Annual Fund Manager” – [applicant name]”
The New Jersey Symphony Orchestra celebrates the cultural vibrancy of our communities and builds meaningful relationships that elevate and strengthen them. We seek to create a culture of inclusion and a work environment that values hard work, professionalism and creativity. We are committed to diversity and equal opportunity in our recruitment and hiring. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are welcome to apply for open positions.
The New Jersey Symphony offers a competitive salary and benefits package but does not offer relocation. We work in a hybrid work environment. Summer Fridays.
Contact: Sidney Jackson
Title: VP of Development