OPPORTUNITIES FOR ARTISTS AND CREATIVES
See and submit opportunities for for artists
Category: Job Openings Deadline: 12/02/2022 Website: HTTP://PAMELACOUNCIL.COM
The Studio Manager at Pamela Council Studios Inc is responsible for coordinating all day-to-day operations of the studio and supervising the studio's team.
We are looking for a personable and organized individual to join our art studio in a long-term serious commitment to the artist and the studio. This is a part-time position, hybrid in-person and remote. This interdisciplinary studio is located in Newark NJ at Project for Empty Space. We are looking for someone to bring their own level of expertise to the role so please let us know what unique set of skills you have. Please send a cover letter and resume to Pamela Council Studios at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 21.
- Email & Communication. Timely, poised, and professional communication on behalf of and with the artist & studio team.
- Project management. Coordinate and maintain production budgeting, calendar, and workflow for artwork creation, exhibitions, public art commissions, and talks. Liaise with collaborators such as galleries, museums/institutions, curators, writers, fabricators, framers, and engineers. Use dynamic project management tools.
- Organize the studio’s calendar. Assist the artist with meetings, studio visits, production calendars, travel plans, and logistics. As a strategic thought partner, anticipate calendar flow and protect artist’s studio time.
- Create, organize, and track meeting and contract notes and negotiations.
- Stuff/image management. With studio team, maintain comprehensive organization of in-house, digital, and outsourced storage and work spaces.
- Thinking. Assist the artist with technical and/or conceptual research for new projects. Curiosity, flexibility, and willingness to investigate and think critically within a dynamic praxis. Proactive troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Maintain confidentiality, discretion, and cultural sensitivity.
- Manage human resources and hiring.
- Must have previously held a similar position at a studio, gallery, or related field for at least 3 years. Sculpture/fine art/public art fluency.
- Phenomenal organizational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize and capacity to meet deadlines.
- Creative and project management workflow digital fluency. Familiarity with Mac computers, Word, Google Drive, Dropbox, Excel, Trello/Asana, Google calendar, FileMaker, and database management.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Squarespace websites
- English language fluency. Other languages welcome.
- Proficient communication skills on phone, email, online video, and in person, especially with delicate situations
- Grant writing experience & valid drivers license preferred
- Ability to lift 60 lbs, use power tools, and distinguish colors
This is a part-time position. Hourly compensation commensurate with experience.
Contact: PAMELA COUNCIL
Phone: (917) 689-7982