OPPORTUNITIES FOR ARTISTS AND CREATIVES
See and submit opportunities for for artists
If you encounter any issues while submitting an opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Category: Job Openings Deadline: 03/31/2023 Website: HTTPS://WWW.NEWARKSYMPHONYHALL.ORG
JOB TITLE: Development Coordinator
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Development
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Director of Development
President & CEO
Managers and all other staff
SCOPE OF WORK: Responsible for coordinating Newark Symphony Hall’s donor engagement and fundraising programs, especially those geared toward the annual fund, special events, and donor data management. Coordinates the migration of our donor information to a new database and manages the collection and recording of all donor data in a timely and accurate manner. Works closely with the Special Events Consultant to ensure all fundraising events are effectively staffed; well-coordinated; and engage, entertain, and steward event ticket buyers, donors, and sponsors. Provides quality customer service in accordance with Newark Symphony Hall’s mission and goals.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Annual Fundraising. Coordinates all direct response fundraising to our individual donor base, including mailings, e-philanthropy, website, and social media fundraising. In collaboration with the Director of Development.
- Major Gifts. Supports the Director of Development in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gift prospects. Works with members of executive leadership and the Board in their work to do the same.
- Special Events Fundraising. Works closely with the Events Consultant in ensuring that events successfully achieve fundraising goals.
- Planned Giving: Coordinates the creation of Newark Symphony Hall’s planned giving program, acknowledging donors who have provided for Newark Symphony Hall in their estate plans. Supports the Director of Development in the outreach to bequest and other “planned” gift prospects.
- Prospect Research: Research new prospects to strengthen Newark Symphony Hall’s pipeline across revenue streams: foundations, corporations and individual funders.
- Data Management and Donor Relations. Coordinates the effective and consistent recording of all donor data and migrates information into and maintains Newark Symphony Hall’s new fundraising database. Pulls reports and lists for data all direct mail, newsletter, and invitation mailings. Ensures the maintenance, confidentiality, accuracy and timely entry of all donor information into the database.
- Grant Reporting: Manage internal grants calendar and schedule to ensure proposals are submitted on time.
- Donor Stewardship. Coordinates the timely and accurate response to donors’ concerns, requests, and gifts. With the Special Events Consultant, coordinates the planning and execution of donor stewardship events.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Development to secure funding across all revenue sources, including foundation, corporate, and individual giving.
- Work Environment: Indoors in air-conditioned office and out in the community meeting with donors. Outdoors during special events and other donor-related occasions.
- Equipment Use: PC proficiency (MS Word, Excel). Donor Database. Standard office equipment use.
- Hours: Work hours and days may vary due to meetings with donors, other constituents, and business needs. Full-time, exempt position.
MENTAL, PHYSICAL AND COMMUNICATION DEMANDS:
- Must maintain personal conduct, appearance, and office space as a professional.
- Must exercise compassion, patience, professionalism, flexibility, and tact when dealing with a broad range of donors, volunteers, and the public. Comfort and experience with having sometimes challenging conversations.
- Must handle people in a pleasant, courteous, and professional manner.
- Must be able to prioritize, work independently, problem solve, and meet deadlines.
- Must have a flexible disposition to work with and engage a variety of donors, supporters, and businesses.
- Must be able to think strategically, compassionately, and apply critical thinking skills to complex problems.
- Must be able to meet with donors at inside and outside locations.
- Skills/Knowledge: Excellent relationship-building, trust-building, and communication skills. Experience and comfort working with a variety of computers and computer programs. Ability to prioritize multiple initiatives. Must be detail-oriented and possess strong follow-up skills. Sharp analytical skills to figure out the inputs that lead to desired outputs, figure out what’s missing, what’s superfluous, and how to do it better with a strong focus on systems and process. Exceptional project management skills and ability to balance multiple, complex projects in a highly deadline-driven environment. Valid driver’s license, good driving record, access to own automobile and proof of no-fault insurance required. Commitment to Newark Symphony Hall’s goals, objectives, and programs.
- Education/Training: College degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Two+ years’ experience in development, fundraising, or a similar position.
- $45,000 - $55,000
Contact: MACK GRAHAM
Title: DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Phone: (973) 204-2497