OPPORTUNITIES FOR ARTISTS AND CREATIVES
See and submit opportunities for for artists
If you encounter any issues while submitting an opportunity, please email email@example.com
Box Office Associate
Category: Job Openings Deadline: 12/22/2023 Website: https://www.newarksymphonyhall.org
Box Office Associate
Job Title: Box Office Associate
Responsible To: Director of Event Operations & Business Solutions
Key Relationships: President & CEO
Director of Event Operations & Business Solutions
Director of Finance & Administration
Scope of Work: The primary responsibility of this position is to greet patrons, process and distribute all ticket orders during events, solve ticket related problems and complete a Daily Sales Report.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide quality customer service to all NSH Patrons.
- Have a working knowledge of NSH’s performances, policies, and services.
- Handle all ticketing and reporting on show day.
- Provide support at all event support.
- Be able to navigate the Eventbrite and our additional systems as needed.
- Handle special requests from the House Management team in a timely manner.
At a Performance
- Arrive 2 hours before performance start time to manage any final bookings, print
tickets/attendance lists, and set up scanners/manual check-in before house opens
- Perform all tasks at the Will Call desk including distributing tickets, processing in-person sales, and monitoring all inquiries and complaints from patrons
- Communicate with all Front of House staff/volunteers and Stage Management personnel to ensure the best experience for the audience
- Monitor and reconcile all cash box and membership donations at the end of shift in conjunction with one other NSH staff member
- Excellent customer service, communication skills & phone etiquette
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to use a walkie-talkie
- Accurate keyboarding skills
- Ability to learn and use a variety of technical systems
- Ability to handle financial transactions
- Ability to work efficiently with little or no supervision
- Ability to remain pleasant during challenging situations
- Weekend availability
- Reliable transportation
Bonus: familiarity with ticketing platforms, CRM software, membership, entertainment venues and non-profits.
Contact: Chiara Bronson
Title: Director of Event Operations & Business Solutions
Phone: (973) 643-4550