CALL FOR ARTISTS DEADLINE Friday June 4th - Aliens, Big Foot, & The Edge of the World - June 27th to August 19th, 2021
Category: Open Calls Deadline: 06/04/2021 Website: http://www.hamiltonstreetgallery.com
Lately, with all the extra time on my hands, I’ve been tuning into the History Channel and have been learning quite a lot. I never realized that there are teams of archaeologists, scientists, and historians with groundbreaking evidence that separates the facts from the bull dingy. For example, did you know that Jesus was married (to Mary Magdalene, of course) and that they had children? That makes perfect sense, because there are so many guys walking around that look just like Him. And, what about all those UFO sightings? The visible proof seen in cave paintings definitely confirms that aliens have been visiting here for thousands of years. In fact, we, the human race, were probably transported here as the result of a planetary catastrophe in some distant solar system which kinda’ makes us aliens. Elon Musk is well ahead of the game here, since the Earth is quickly becoming uninhabitable, although Mars isn’t the best choice. And, if the Earth is really flat, that just intensifies our immediate need to find a more suitable spherical planet. And then, there’s Big Foot. Well, I’ve never seen him myself, but I know that the people who have tell the exact same story — very tall and hairy, with enormous feet, but extremely camera shy. The Big Foot mystery will soon be solved, because, as I write, drones are scanning forests worldwide. And, while we’re on the “Green” subject, global warming?— c’mon… everyone knows that AOC is behind that as well as the COVID vaccine plot to infiltrate big government mind control.
Aliens, Big Foot & the Edge of the World is a juried exhibition open to artists 18 and over. All media is accepted. We can all use a break from reality.
1. Exhibition is open to residents 18 years or older, living in NY, NJ and PA.
2. All media will be considered and must be original and by the artist.
3. We prefer that work be hand delivered to the gallery, but will accept pre-paid shipment of work
preferably through the Post Office with return packaging to and from the gallery.
4. Art work must be wired and ready for hanging and/or installation and must not exceed 60” in any direction.
Please no saw tooth hangers. Size limitations for sculptural and video pieces will be considered individually.
5. Two dimensional works on paper and other fragile surfaces must be framed with glass or Plexiglas, except with special permission
6. All accepted art work must remain at the gallery for the duration of the exhibit. Upon delivery of work, the gallery has the right to reject work that is not consistent with submitted digital images.
There is no entry fee to enter the exhibit. Accepted artists pay upon delivery, a nominal fee of $25, by cash, check or money order payable to Hamilton Street Gallery to cover costs for promotional mailing, hanging, lighting and installation. Hamilton Street Gallery charges 25% commission on art work sold. Sales will be finalized at the end of each exhibition.
Hamilton Street Gallery will provide insurance for work upon receiving art, during exhibition and up until work is picked up. Artwork is not insured while in transit to and from the gallery.
There are two ways to submit work:
A. Up to 5 digital file submissions will be accepted via email to email@example.com or
B. Up to 5 images on a CD rom can be mailed through the Post Office
1. All submissions must be in JPEG format in the order you would like them viewed with artist name and title of work. Images cannot be larger than 800 x 800 pixels at 72 DPI.
2. An image list on paper, numbered in the order in which they appear on the CD, including title of work, media, dimensions, date, and price.
3. One page resume (please include phone number and email address)
4. An artist statement (optional but encouraged)
5. An SASE for return of materials is requested
6. Video and performance artists should submit DVDs labeled with name, title, date and price
(All submissions should be received, not post marked, by the deadline date.)
Please mail completed submission package in an envelope no larger than 9” x 12” to: Hamilton Street Gallery,
P. O. Box 710, Bound Brook, New Jersey 08805. or email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gallery Hours: Thursday 12 to 5 pm, Fridays 5:30 to 8 pm, Saturdays 1 to 5 pm and by appointment.
Important dates to remember:
Submission Deadline - Friday, June, 4th., 2021
Notification of acceptance by email - Sunday, June 6th., 2021
Delivery Dates - Thursday, June 17th., 12 to 5 pm.
Friday, June 18th., 5 to 8 pm. and Saturday, June 19th. 12 to 5 pm.
Opening Reception - Sunday, June 27th., 2 to 5 pm.
Pick up dates - Thursday, August 19th., 12 to 5 pm.,
Friday, August 20th., 5 to 8 pm. and Saturday, August 21st. 12 to 5 pm.
Contact: Brian McCormack
Phone: (732) 748-2092