2022 Individual Artist Fellowship
Category: Fellowships / Residencies Deadline: 07/15/2021 Website: https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Artist-Fellowship-Application-Now-Open.html?soid=1117482190155&aid=AKltd_yPqd8
Apply now! 2022 New Jersey State Council on the Arts Individual Artist Fellowship guidelines and application are now available. Fellowships are awarded to practicing New Jersey artists through an anonymous, competitive application process to help them pursue their artistic goals.
Categories offered for the 2022 Fellowships are:
Fellowship awards have ranged in the past from $4,000 - $17,500. The amount of the award is determined annually by the State Arts Council based on funding provided through the New Jersey Hotel/Motel tax. Fellowships are awarded to applicants who demonstrate the highest artistic talent, with no cap or quota per artistic discipline. Awards are issued pending the availability of funds.
- Artists must be permanent residents of the State of New Jersey. The applicant must be a current, permanent New Jersey resident at the time of application (the date the application is submitted) and at the time of award (March 2022). See Residency Verification & Fellowship Payments above for more details.
- Age 18 or older.
- The applicant must be the artist whose original work is represented in the work samples.
- Artists who received a Fellowship in any category in 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, or 2017 are not eligible to apply for the current year.
- Applicants may not be matriculated students in any graduate, undergraduate, or high school program at the time of application and award. Fellowships may not provide funding for scholarships or academic study in pursuit of a degree.
- Collaborating New Jersey artists are not eligible to submit a joint application for collaborative work. The applicant artist must have sole creative control over all work submitted to the Fellowships program under their name.
Contact: Kimberly Steinle-Super
Title: Program Officer, Fellowships & Visual Arts